While Transfer Peer Mentors come from a variety of institutions, they all have successfully transferred to Nebraska and are excited to support your transition.
Mentors organize numerous small group activities designed to help new students get connected, make friends, and learn the ins and outs of being a Husker. Communication is typically through email.
Transfer Peer Mentors can help you:
- Meet new people
- Get connected to campus activities, clubs and organizations
- Use the technologies you need to be successful (Canvas, MyRed, Student Success Hub)
- Navigate the University of Nebraska-Lincoln campus
- Learn strategies for being successful in your classes (ex. how to interact with your professors, organize study groups, etc.)
- Learn about and use academic and personal support resources at the university, such as the Writing Center, Chemistry Resource Center, and the Health Center
Students can request to be matched with a peer mentor by completing the form below. Questions? Call 402-472-1880.