Transfer Peer Mentors
While Transfer Peer Mentors come from a variety of institutions, they all have successfully transferred to Nebraska and are excited to support your transition.
Mentors organize numerous small group activities designed to help new students get connected, make friends, and learn the ins and outs of being a Husker. Communication is typically through email.
Transfer Peer Mentors can help you:
- Meet new people
- Get connected to campus activities, clubs and organizations
- Use the technologies you need to be successful (Canvas, MyRed, Student Success Hub)
- Navigate the University of Nebraska-Lincoln campus
- Learn strategies for being successful in your classes (ex. how to interact with your professors, organize study groups, etc.)
- Learn about and use academic and personal support resources at the university, such as the Writing Center, Chemistry Resource Center, and the Health Center
Students can request a mentor by completing the brief form when they hit the “Match me with a Transfer Peer Mentor” button. Questions? Call 402-472-1880.
Meet the Transfer Peer Mentors
Learn more about Sierra
- Omaha, Nebraska
- Favorite TV/movie quote?
- “Don’t let anyone ever make you feel like you don’t deserve what you want.” -10 Things I Hate About You
- Favorite spot on campus and why?
- I like the libraries because they are comfortable and quiet.
- What’s the most useless talent you have?
- I can wiggle my nose like a bunny. Or I can cross one eye.
- Sasquatch—real or fake?
- Fake for sure.
- What were you most afraid of when you started college?
- Honestly, eating in alone in the dining halls, it’s terrifying.
- What words of advice would you give an incoming student?
- I promise college is not that scary. Just be confident in yourself and do your best.
Learn more about Nathalie
- Forensic Biology with a minor in Anthropology
- Brooklyn, New York
- If you were an animal, what would you be? Why?
- An orca whale. Probably because they are majestic and frightening at the same time.
- Favorite TV/movie quote?
- “ Life Is not measured by the amount of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away” -Hitch
- If your life had a soundtrack, what is your theme song?
- Just Wait…There’s More and played by Zoe Saldana.
- Favorite spot on campus & why?
- East union because they have study rooms that are usually available and there’s a Starbucks.
- Do you ever talk to yourself? When? And what do you say?
- Yes. A good pep-talk goes a long way!
- Sasquatch – real or fake?
- What piece of advice would you like to give incoming students?
- It gets better! Be patient with yourself, put in the hard work and you will do great.
Transfer Student Welcome
Hear the 2020-2021 Peer Mentors discuss being transfer students at Nebraska at the Fall 2020 Big Red Welcome Transfer Event.