- What can I do at Study Stop?
Study Stop, located in the Adele Hall Learning Commons in Love Library-North, is a space where students can meet with a Learning Consultant for extra help with homework or a peer mentor for study skills assistance - for free!
- What do I do once I get to Study Stop?
The first thing you do is check-in with us. Our peer mentor will check you in (swipe your NUID card). We are located right across from the HuskerTech and AskUs desks near the Dunkin’ Donuts. Be prepared to share your questions/concerns with us.
- What is a Learning Consultant?
A Learning Consultant is a tutor who provides assistance to other students in one or a variety of subjects. They, along with the peer mentor, can share tips on how to take effective notes, study, manage your time, and provide test-taking strategies.
- Do I have to make an appointment with a Learning Consultant?
No, Learning Consultants are available on a first-come first-served basis.
- How can I identify who is a Learning Consultant at Study Stop?
Learning Consultants will be wearing name tags and have a table tent that lists the subject(s) they are tutoring.
- How should I prepare to meet with a Learning Consultant?
It is highly encouraged that students come prepared with questions and any learning materials such as notes, books, worksheets, calculators, etc.
- How can I find out what subjects are available at Study Stop?
Please visit http://go.unl.edu/studystop for more information about Study Stop.
- Is Study Stop only for students who live on campus?
No, you do not have to live on-campus to participate in Study Stop.
- Is Study Stop only for first-year students?
No, Study Stop is offered for ALL students at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln who would like to work with a Learning Consultant. Again, please see our website to discover whether our learning consultants can tutor the subject in which you need assistance.