- What can I do at Study Stop?
Study Stop is a space where students can study by themselves, work in groups, or meet with a Learning Consultant for extra help with homework—for free!
- What do I do once I get to Study Stop?
The first thing you do is check-in when you get to a Study Stop location. After checking-in, find a seat and study independently or identify a Learning Consultant to work with. Please make sure to help yourself to coffee, tea or hot chocolate at any time!
- What is a Learning Consultant?
A Learning Consultant is a tutor who provides assistance to other students in one or a variety of subjects. They share tips on how to take effective notes, study, manage your time, and provide test-taking strategies.
- Do I have to make an appointment with a Learning Consultant?
No, Learning Consultants are available on a first-come first-served basis.
- How can I identify who is a Learning Consultant at Study Stop?
Learning Consultants will be wearing name tags and have a table tent that lists the subject(s) they are tutoring.
- How should I prepare to meet with a Learning Consultant?
It is highly encouraged that students come prepared with questions and any learning materials such as notes, books, worksheets, calculators, etc.
- How can I find out what subjects are available at Study Stop?
Please visit http://go.unl.edu/studystop for more information about Study Stop locations, subjects and times.
- Is Study Stop only for students who live on campus?
No, you do not have to live on-campus to participate in Study Stop. The Study Stop locations accessible to off-campus students are the Gaughan Multicultural Center and Nebraska East Union locations.
- Can only “OASIS” students use the Study Stop in the Gaughan Multicultural Center?
No, all students are welcome to the Study Stop in the Gaughan Multicultural Center.
- Is Study Stop only for first-year students?
No, Study Stop is offered for ALL students at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln who want a place to study, free hot beverages, and/or to work with a Learning Consultant.